Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Thoughts of a Teenage Girl


    I tried to act like it was all fine. I was strong willed and I knew deep down in my heart that I was the most emotionally strong female I knew and though this same nonsense was the reason I was going through everything I was going through and it felt like I just wasn’t cut out for love and it wasn’t just meant for me, I held unto it squarely. I was strong!
    I was the one who knew the solutions to everybody’s emotional and even psychological problems-well, at times though. I was the perfect match maker. I could match people who never knew they were anything and they would make a great item. I knew all the signs. I knew the difference between a crush, an admiration, lust, infatuation, love and stupidity and I could give a lecture to a thousand people on them. Of course, if there were a course like that in the university, I could teach and handle it pretty well; in fact all my students would come out in As.
    I was the pretty girl who had enough attention from the opposite sex and who knew how to twist them all, drain them of their money and still leave them wanting me the more. Yes, I could teach that too to all the girls that didn’t understand the common sense of being a lady. I knew the charms and I had them. I was the girl who you’d meet for an advice and who would advise you while making a joke out of the problem. I was the girl who never believed that love could make me be in the position of those helpless girls or guys who could hardly think straight because of someone in their heart. You needed to know the disgust I felt with the thought that one person could be giving another person sleepless nights. I loved my sleep and I was too selfish to miss my sleep all because of one useless being who I was sure was asleep in his own bed while I killed myself with thoughts about him. Geez!

I was the sort of girl who would date just to taste and see what dating was and jump out just the way I jumped in just because I felt it wasn’t worth my time. I could never consider anybody because I didn’t know what heart break felt like. I was like this till he came my way and just destroyed my life...

2 comments: