Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Thoughts of teenage Girl 2

   

It was a new semester and students had just begun to return to school. I was elated. God! How I missed my friends! I rushed into the bathroom that morning took my bath and got ready for my trip to Nsukka in Enugu state where my school was located. For the first time in a long time, I didn’t care that my bus was leaving by 7am as I was ready before 5am. I was really going back to school.
My parents were surprised that I was the one who woke them up to drive me to the park where I would take the bus because normally, they would have been the ones to wake me up and warn me not to miss my bus. I missed school! I got to the park about twenty minutes before it was time for the bus to start moving (that’s because mummy took about two hours to get dressed. I wondered if she was even the one travelling) and got my things into the bus which I was supposed to board. I couldn’t wait for the bus to move. I didn’t even hear my parents telling me to take care and all the other stuff that parents know how to say #winks.
   Finally the bus moved. I spent my time calming down and knowing that the journey would be perfect, I smiled that confident smile and relaxed on the number 3 seat in the Peace Mass Transit bus I boarded. The bus had been moving for some minutes and then, my head began to ache. That’s when I began to miss my parents. Normally, mummy would have told me to sleep or given me pain relievers and daddy would have praised me so that I would laugh a little. Now, all the thoughts of my school faded from my memory and all I could think about was home.
   Oh, I never told you? I am the only legitimate child of my parents. I only got one younger sibling because I badly wanted one and I disturbed them day in day out for a sibling. I was taken to the orphanage home where I finally chose a younger sister and named her Beauty. It’s not like she was such a beaú but, I just wanted her to feel special. Now in the bus, I missed the fact that Beauty and I would have been playing the “no boy breaks my heart” game. I was bent on teaching my sister how to be the girl of every guys dreams and I would go any extent to make sure she ended up as one. My sister couldn’t be heartbroken!
   My headache increased and I felt like I was going to collapse. Then, I heard the baritone voice of a male beside me. Do you know I never even realized there was anybody sitting beside me? I turned to face the direction from where the voice came and though I knew immediately I heard him that he was beside me, I turned anyways and I saw the most handsome male being I had ever come across in my life...no exaggeration! He had these dreamy almond coloured eyes, the sexiest lips ever, a perfectly structured face and geez, his brows were perfect. He said hello and smiled. His teeth were perfect. You know, it’s quite difficult to find people with white perfect teeth, especially in Nigeria? But, this guy was different. I said ‘hi” back and he brought out his hands to give me a handshake. What I saw made me smile. His finger nails were wonderfully manicured! Choi!...


No comments:

Post a Comment