Thursday, August 3, 2017

African Daughters

I am walking home from school now. I decided to take the long road today because I feel like walking and I do not want to go the market to grind beans for moin-moin. My trick is to walk very slowly and follow an impossibly long road so that mummy will get tired of waiting for me and send my sister to grind the beans instead. Haha!😏😏
I have begun te long walk. Today, I wrote my final papers for the term and come September, I will be in SS3. Big Girl!
On the other side of the road, a boy is looking at me, one very weird kind of look. Now, he is licking his lips and winking at me. Ehn! I give him a look that would surely give him a daymare and he runs along like a squirrel that he is. Rubbish. Somebody else is coming behind me, walking as if the ground is rejecting his legs. Now, he has walked past me. Its even a guy, cat walking like a girl. "Nneka must hear this", I say to myself and laugh out loud. He turns back at me and I turn back at empty space as if I don't know he is looking at me. Now, a car is coming down the road, a Mercedes. Kai! I will drive that car one day. Now the car is struggling for space to drive on the road. Of all places to use, its my side of the road! I should hang on the air because one useless, ugly car wants to pass. Thunder fire the car and its owner too. Nonsense! I'm passing an old house now and its the only house on this street. One hen is on a mound of sand. It stands like a king and the next thing, it opens its buttocks and defecates. Stupid thing. The clouds have become grey as if its going to rain. I dont care. The cloud has been doing that this whole week and it has never rained. I keep counting my steps. A drop falls on my hand. Then another, another three falls then, the heavens begin to rain upon the earth. I begin to run. The rain gets worse. There's no shop or shelter on this stupid road. I increase my pace and the rain increases in momentum. Now, I'm faster than Ussain Bolt. I curse the rain. I get home. Mummy is standing outside the gate and in her hands are the bucket of beans, an umbrella and some money for grinding. She takes my school bag from me and transfers the contents of  her hands to my hands. I want to cry but I cant.
I'm on my way now and I'm going to grind the beans for moin-moin.

5 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha!!! trouble or trouble bae you just made me laugh till i dont know when my hand mistakenly went sideways, touched my neighbors wives breast.. chia i don die today, Victoria you have killed me oh!!!cant stop laughing.......i'm on my way now and they are taking me to God knows where.#LMOA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont tell me I provoked such laughter oh..Thanks anyways. Im glad you liked it. Hope you shared it though?

      Delete
  2. nice one there though!!! #its unique i must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the universe is against you😂😂

    ReplyDelete