Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Peep Into Death 2

I gave myself a moment to take a quick peep at everything I had. Then, my mirror which was directly opposite me showed me my reflection and my heart broke. I thought of my best friend, David and all my class mates. Of my parents and siblings. I had no girl friend, so my thoughts raced to my businesses outside school and how I was sure David would manage them for me. Power had gone out as the lights in my thinking faculty went off. I imagined the sorta messages that would flood my facebook timeline and whatsapp too. Not to talk of people who would call to make sure it was a rumor. Those boys that practiced 007 shooting tricks on me? They fled. My eyes closed. I could feel my systems hugging themselves and saying goodbye forever. My brain and some tissues in my skull came down to take a look at me, the person they had lived together with for twenty four years. At that moment, my spirit jumped out of me and went in search of late grandma...
.
.
For my late friend, #EmmanuelJoseph who was shot in the early hours of Wednesday morning last week.
#R.I.P

2 comments: