Monday, March 6, 2017

His Crown



I steadily watched the metamorphosis that took place everyday. The way it shone and stood like a family, though a very large nuclear one. I saw it form an umbrella and I also watched it become an independent entity. Everyday, I imagined making it look like a farm where plants were placed in rows or turning it into a garden of arranged flowers and beds of thorns too. I loved it when, like a hen about to lay its eggs, it scattered in all places, looking like where the characters in George Orwell's animal farm had their great battle. I watched it lovingly everyday and begged that that beautiful aura it gave should not be disposed of.

Then, one day, it was all gone! It disappeared into much more than thin air and was never to be seen. I asked for its remnants and was told it was gone too. I wept in my heart for I loved it so much.
Amazing it was that when he returned to school, I wanted it to be a lie, that maybe that colony of beautiful black hair was still on his head. However, when Val came back, I saw he had taken his crown off and that beautiful black mass of hair I adored had gone forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment