Monday, March 6, 2017

Emotions Running...



For every word he said, my heart let out a maddening yell and threatened to escape from its confines. His words were like missiles and they tore through my heart, leaving fresh wounds in it. When he threatened to leave, I heard the shattering of my heart and whether or not it was obvious, his words became permanently implanted in my soul. I watched him rant and prance to and fro the sitting room and for the first time in my life, I was defenceless. With my mouth agape, my eyes brimming with fresh release of tears, my face all muddied up in concealer, foundation, contour, powder and tears plus a little black colour which had proceeded from my lower eyelid which was lined perfectly with black eyeliner, my head, a battlefield of varying memories struggling in their individual conquest for recognition and attention and my self-esteem literally packing out from me to a place where it would be properly treated, I felt my life was over and I was totally disarmed.
Ken kept pouring out his disappointment in extremely hurtful words. all the while, never stopping to see the damage he had done to me, written all over me. I kept quiet because I couldn't grasp any words. The English alphabets forsook me at that time. I was at the verge of going wacko when he finally stopped to look my way.
In that short moment, I felt the world had paused. Nothing else seemed to be happening and I waited; waited for the next thing he was going to say. However, he said nothing. For over five minutes, we stood like that. I couldn't take it anymore and the untamed scream that escaped my mouth got him running to me. I was broken. Ken rushed to me, held me in his hands as I was about to fall due to the weight of my heartbreak as my body couldn't bear it and kissed my forehead. He held me so close and whispered to me, "Baby, I love you. I always have and always will. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I love you." At that moment, I felt a cool breeze sweep through my heart and clear my heart break. I wanted to tell him I loved him but I still had a problem with words. Instead, he cupped my face in his hands and we shared a very passionate kiss...

Emotions Running

No comments:

Post a Comment