Wednesday, March 15, 2017

AMARACHI 1

       
 
  I have always wanted to be a part of those people who made others feel at ease with life and make them laugh naturally. It’s not like I have to always pretend to be who I’m not, but, it comes naturally that self contentment, coupled with the joy of the others around me makes my day worth the stress. I’m the second child in a family of five; four girls and a boy, with a beautiful mum and the gentlest of fathers. My family is quite the receptive and agreeable kind. But for my elder sister whom my distant cousin says should study law instead of pharmacy for her consistency at strong arguments and my little sister who scares my cousin with her shrill but beautiful voice and her rare gift of writing which is very endearing, my family is quite the ordinary one. Daddy works in the staff quarters or preferably, staff building of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu state as an administrator. I still feel that the job suits him perfectly well. Although daddy owns an old model Mercedes Benz, the pride in me each time I sit in the back seat or the front seat (as the case may be) is quite unequaled and unparalleled. My elder sister and I both study at the school, so, most times, we go to school with daddy. You might not understand my pride till you actually trek the long distance from your house off campus to school and back every day.   My family is really simple, no extravagances or extra comfort. We live by our means.
                 My mum is a former entrepreneur. She actually had to stop her business because at a point, one very confused motorcyclist chose my mum to learn how to hit people and after that day, mother’s walking step changed after a whole series of treatments and bandaging and, she finally had to close down her business. I felt like punching the motorcyclist every single day that I watched my mother in pain, but, as I grew, I began to understand that God has a way of doing things and if it was His will, then, I had to stop searching the roads for the motorcyclist that plunged my beloved mother into the pain that she was going through on a daily basis.
              My siblings are quite distinct personalities. My elder sister, Chioma, whom we call Daa Chioma and is the first child in the family, is quite strict. She takes up her duty as the elder sister without blinking an eye. Sometimes, in her arguments, she refuses to let others speak which I feel is rude, but, I guess it has always been that way. She has an unchallenged authority in the house too. First born dey sweet oo! My immediate younger sister, Onyinyechi is the very silent one who only gives lopsided comments and laughs like there was no tomorrow. She is very brainy and sings beautifully. She also has the skill of the pens and her writing makes me wonder where I fall into in the category of bookers. I have another sister who you will meet before the end of the story anyways. Yes, my little brother, the famous Chiboy. Talks, walks, plays and even laughs like a girl. It’s not his fault anyways...he is surrounded by the ladies. He is quite a naughty boy, but, he is such a darling. I still wonder when he will understand that he is eleven years old and I still don’t get the joy he derives from kicking a deflated and weak balloon instead of a football!

           Time to talk about me! ... (Next episode)

No comments:

Post a Comment