Wednesday, March 15, 2017

LETTERS TO VAL




I had woken up that morning and after rolling round the bed lazily, a useless habit I had trained myself to adapt to, I finally cleaned my eyes, said a short prayer, did my bible study and went to brush my teeth. I was determined to wash all my clothes that day because for heavens’ sake, I had kept a nonsense pile of dirty clothes and suddenly I had felt too not lazy not to wash them that is if you understand what I mean.
I however washed the whole pack of clothes and went ahead to spread them outside to dry as the sun had decided that day to come out from its hiding and sincerely, I felt like a genius for being able to choose the right day to wash; I felt like I controlled the bodies that be. Fresh right?
I began to spread my clothes, while humming a song I was listening to via my cousin’s phone and soon enough, a tall fellow passed by and I thought to myself how cool it was to be tall. But, then, I also said within myself, it wasn’t easy work to be portable like I was. Haha! I concentrated on my chore and before I knew it, the tall person passed again and this time around he didn’t just pass as in pass and go, he was passing and approaching me! Heavens! It was early morning and I hadn’t even taken my bath and someone was already walking to me!
Problem is, I am quite nice and before long, my teeth were shining as I exchanged pleasantries with the person and soon learnt there was a party going on in the lodge that night to which I was cordially invited. I hated parties, but, he was polite and because he kept pleading that we attended, my cousin and I decided to show our face at the party that night and, that was where it all began; I got a new friend!
Soon enough, I was welcome at his place and I started feeling quite comfortable with him because he knew how to express himself in the most polite way and was very careful with his choice of words lest he hurts the person he is conversing with....
Thing is, I suddenly got used to him and started visiting without any reason so that in just five days, we had become really close. I like to think of him as my elder brother, basically bcos I don’t have one and he just fits the picture of an elder brother. We have a lot in common and though I haven’t told him, I feel his wife is going to be one very lucky woman because she will be having the honour of marrying someone as cool as he is and I'm so not missing their wedding at all. For what kwanu?
I'm going to miss him and as he is leaving later today, I feel like an integral part of me is leaving. He is obviously going to miss naughty me too though...

Ok, this one is for you, Val. I would have written something much more professional, but, thus is straight from my heart, very undiluted, “You are a nice person and Veeqy is so going to miss your company, even though she has only been able to have it for five days. You have graduated and I'm just starting up. I pray for all the best things that life has in store for you and because you are a nice person to be with, you will only encounter nice things  as  you step into the world to show them that Geology aint what we all thought it was...have a great life, Val!”

No comments:

Post a Comment