Wednesday, March 15, 2017

HATED


“Really! You walked all the way to my house to break up with me? You have a phone you know and you could have easily called me so that I don’t have to see your God damned face one last time!” I bellowed at Franklin, my boyfriend who had just turned my ex three minutes ago.
I didn’t know how else to contain my fury except by lashing out at him totally. I had been the perfect lady. The kind of girlfriend that people would quarrel over, yet, my useless boyfriend could not see it at all. I went through everything in life for him without even thinking about the effect on me at all. I loved him and cherished him more than I did myself and now, he could just wake up one early morning and think I was waste that he could just dump anyhow?
“Listen, Katelyn! I can’t keep hurting you. It’s really wicked for me to break up with you on the phone. And, as much as I hate to do this, I have to. I keep hurting you. You do a whole lot that I can’t even learn how to appreciate and its tearing me apart. Katelyn, you deserve someone better. Someone who would admire you and even worship you for just being you. I am not that someone and I need to release you so you could find that someone. I'm sorry, but, you are just too good for me and I don’t deserve you”, He finished.
Of course he didn’t deserve me! I mean, who does that? Take a girl who would basically die for you for granted? Just like that? Is that life? Anyways, he kept talking and talking and trying to explain himself and sincerely, I didn’t give a damn any longer. One more look at Franklyn and I decided what I wanted with us; distance.
“Kate, we could still be friends you know”, he said, in a shaky voice that I guess was supposed to make me feel some sympathy or so, but, then, that was what broke me.’’
“You are out of your mind! Friends with whom? I can’t be your friend. I can’t even see you again. I don’t ever want anything with you. Fuck, Frank! If you can’t learn how to appreciate me when I'm practically throwing myself at you, then you can never be able to appreciate me as your friend. Its past two now and I need to take my beauty sleep. Have a great life”, I replied and shoved him out of my door.

Once he had gone out the door, I slammed it with all the rage I could muster and suddenly, without knowing it, I burst into tears. I had never cried like that all my life and for the first time in a long time, I allowed my heartbreak flow out of me like a burst pipe. I allowed the tears flow freely down my cheeks as I muttered the words “I love you” to myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment