Monday, March 6, 2017

Funny Memories...




I remember when one time, we had a very funny security man for the compound. He spoke nonsense as if it was too much sense and made stupidity seem like wisdom. He was rude and thought he was utmostly polite and worse of all, he thought he was brave.
He used to boast that he had enough juju to wipe out an entire city and if boko haram dared come around, he would protect us and we would all laugh it off. This continued until one day...
It was the last Saturday of the month and in Lagos, where I stay, it was environmental sanitation day. Every shop was closed and every house was busy. I was cleaning the front of the house when suddenly, I saw people running at high speed. The first person zoomed past me in such high speed and then before I could find out who it was, two others ran past me again. Original amebo like me went straight to the backyard to inform my mum and siblings that I saw three people running towards the backyard. Before I finished my report, the three of them reached our side and funny enough, the person leading the race was the security guard.We asked erybody to calm down as we asked for explanations as to why they were running and after the explanation, we all laughed.
The thing was, the two men were running because of the KAI officials were chasing them as they werent supposed to be seen outside going to work before the environmental sanitation was over. Then, they ran into our compound which was the first in sight. However, they intensified their race when they saw the security man fly out of his room. 
The security man when asked said he didnt know why they were running o, but, he couldnt watch two fully grown men running like that without trying to save his own life.
At that moment, I died.😄😄

No comments:

Post a Comment