Sunday, May 28, 2017

Primary School


That boy, Abdul-Waheed, the one who had black lips and his face was as black as charcoal. The one who always stretched his useless black Yoruba legs out from under his desk in class. The one who derived great jot from watching me fall or cry. He was a bully and in as much as I hated him, I couldn't do anything because I was very tiny and could only cry. I don’t know if his problem with me sprouted from the fact that I had continuously come 1st in class from nursery classes till our present class, pry 3. Or, is it because I have never been removed from the post of the class captain? Every time I saw him, my heart skipped from my body. I hated him with a burning passion and his blackness, akin to the sort of darkness that was talked about in Genesis 1 verse 2 was not even encouraging. I felt like if our skins ever met, he would smear me a little of his stupid dye like black colour. Everyday my eyes looked upon him, hatred was stirred in me. He could hardly survive a day without bullying the day light out of me. When I went to the head mistress to report him, he would get flogged like an animal but that didn't stop him one bit. He would come back and threaten me because I reported him and he would beat me up and run home. One day, this rubbish got to me so much. We were going home from school and unfortunately for me, he joined the school bus with his friends and the bully became worse. I got crazy mad when Lateef, Abdul-Waheed’s elder brother hit my sister. We began to cry and amidst tears, I swore to him to deal with him and that, I did.

The next day at school, Abdul-Waheed went out of the class immediately it was break time. The unserious idiot! My best friend and I set to work immediately. Oh, I didn't tell you. Abdul-Waheed had become my seat mate, five days before when I flogged him for failing a question we were to solve on the board, well, as instructed by my teacher. We got into a fight and my teacher said we would only settle out differences when we sit together. Imagine the nonsense!
My best friend, Verity, with the help of one other savage girl, Blessing who was a talented cat ( she could scratch away your soul) arranged a set of compasses and took out the divider. Blessing fixed the divider directly under Abdul-Waheed's side of the desk so that the pointy part would directly face him. This was meant to pierce his ass and maybe even divide it into two when he sat down. Immediately we were done, we packed and left for the play ground. 
Minutes after break, I walked into the class with Verity and Blessing and I went to sit with Verity so it would look like I didn't see the weapon waiting for my seat mate. 
Long story cut short. Abdul-Waheed who was extremely playful ran into the class when he saw my class teacher walking in and ran directly to sit down. He sat directly on the divider and the rest they say is history...
Up till today, nobody has been able to figure out who did that to him because my class teacher concluded that his playfulness made him sit on his own divider which he carelessly left on the chair while he ran out for break...

10 comments:

  1. Greetings Victory, nice story though, but you shouldn't have shown hatred towards him in the first place.

    Despite his shaggy mind behavior, instead you should have replaced the hatred with Pure Love and understanding to him, this could change and inspired him inwardly to change positively towards you.

    Your more hatred to him, makes him bully you more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na primary school be dat oo! There was no way she could think of d "pure love" and what's not.

      Delete
    2. Excuse me mister?
      I was in primary school and Primary three for that matter.
      You should understand that.
      Pure love ko.

      Delete
    3. Easy Vicky.... He only spoke his mind. U should learn to accept people's opinion/criticism even if it's making sense or not.

      Delete
    4. Lolz...You didnt comment on the story niyen

      Delete
  2. Ahahaha....awesome ����

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahaha....awesome ����
    Well nw dy kno hu rili did it....

    ReplyDelete