Thursday, July 27, 2017

Love

 
Somewhere inside the jungle of my heart, you have a pride.
Roaming aimlessly, yet carefully,
You trod on beats that keep me alive.
A pun wouldn’t describe with effect how effectively
Your being makes my being a being but,
Your being brings a being inside of me that has never been.

From seconds till the ends of the earth,
And all the zillion other numbers coined by numerical enthusiasts,
You still manage to come first in my life;
And even so, maintain that position.
My heart doesn’t beat for you, it can’t beat without you.

Incomplete and void, are how I feel when there's no you.
And though my surface is demure, my spirit is at a far end;
Separated from me, yanked from my being.
Because you have left the foot prints of your gallivanting in my heart,
 It hurts to watch you go, So bad, it burns.
But, I will leave you to find peace where peace has called you.

Sleep on my beloved, for my heart will go on that door...

4 comments: